did you ever wanted to check the stats for a specific ship or module without having to log into the Eve client? Sure, there are a few 3rd party websites that have an item viewer that allow you to show information for Eve items. However, they have some problem. Most are either completely out-of-date (e.g. Eve Market), which makes some unreliable or they look so different from the in-game “show info” (e.g. Fuzzwork’s Item Viewer) that it can be tedious to find anything.
Introducing a new Item Viewer
I therefore decided to build a new Item Viewer for Eve Online with primary goal of providing a similar interface then the in-game “show info” window, that we all know so well. The new Item Viewer is web-based and also optimized for mobile web browsers, so that you guys can check stats for items while on the go.
Here is a first look at the Item Viewer, which is now available under: http://www.kalkoken.org/apps/eveitems/
Overview of main features
The item viewer can display info for every item that exists in Eve Online. Here is an overview of the main features:
- Shows information for every item that exists in Eve Online
- User Interface similar to the familiar in-game “show info” windows for items
- Currently supports “Traits”, “Description”, “Attributes”, “Fittings” and “Variations” tab known from the in-game viewer
- Additional “Market” tab shows current average price and links to 3rd party website that provides a list of current market orders and a market history for the item
- Search bar with autocomplete allows to quickly find any item
- Posting links to an item in Slack or Facebook will automatically expand to provide full info
- Large item image available for all items that supports it (e.g. ships). Just click on the item icon.
- Optimized to work on mobile phone browsers
- Direct linking to info pages supported for 3rd party application that like to directly link to an item
I currently plan to further enhance the tool and also add the “Industry” and “Requirement” tab from the in-game viewer. Any feedback whether this would be required / useful would be highly appreciated.
I hope you guys find this tool useful. As always I welcome any feedback / questions you might have.